Saturday, May 28, 2011

Well it's true...

I am indeed getting married in a barn!

My fiance and I met 8 years ago through friends who ran into each other one day at a subway station in Toronto. We're high school sweethearts who went to different high schools. We dated through high school and university (& college) and we are now both beginning our careers. My fiance is an Computer Engineer (nerd!) and I'm a Veterinary Technician (animal geek!). We are very excited to be taking the next step in our relationship together.



Last May, when my fiance proposed we decided to wait a year or two to get married so I could finish my program and we could save some money for the wedding (and a house in the future)! The one thing we decided to book was a venue before I returned to school in September, so we set out on a search for something different. We knew we didn't want a typical church & banquet hall wedding celebration as that really isn't "us". We looked for and visited venues where we could get married outside and possibly have a tent reception ... and then we came across an amazing old barn that had been turned into an event space and we fell in love with it. We invited our moms to come see it one weekend and they fell in love too.

So the one thing we have done is booked our venue...the barn. The reason for the title of the blog is that as the resident animal geek in both my fiance's and my family, I was always teased that I would probably get married in a barn...but there will not be horses!

Although there will be dogs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment